Friday, July 22, 2011

Beating the Heat

I thought I would show a few things I have been working on, crafty-wise. It's too hot to even walk in the garden these days, though I do it to water and pick veggies and fruit. So I've been inside, sewing and crocheting. I can't work upstairs in my craft room because it isn't air conditioned. I can't bring all my paper crafting stuff downstairs, (way too much!) but I've brought my sewing things to the kitchen/family room and set up a work space for the duration.


I made up these pillows earlier this summer. I am redecorating our kitchen from dark country colors to lighter cottage/farmhouse colors. It was fun working with a different palette. They actually match the sofa better than this picture shows. I will be posting about the new kitchen soon.


I made this bag from an Annie Downs book. The panel is made with felt, then added to the patchwork bag.


I'm using it to store this work in progress, a ripple afgan, from a pattern by Lucy from Attic 24.  Again, the colors are for the kitchen, they perfectly match the new rug we bought.




This set is from patterns in a Country Threads magazine, which is from Australia. I love all the stitchery projects in this magazine. I haven't chosen a closure button for the bag yet, but I'll enjoy going through my collection to find the perfect one.

I will continue to work on my afgan this weekend, and I've got a few more projects in mind. What are your crafty projects this summer?

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love love LOVE the bags you are making with the embroidery! I am determined to relearn to embroidery this summer but I haven't started a project yet. I need to figure out how to transfer a pattern first! lol I love your pretty pillows, too! Very nice for summertime! ♥

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunny Simple Life said...

You are so talented. What can't you do? I love those pillows. I can't wait to see your header photo in fall. I have seen winter right? Spring and summer. Now I can't wait to see fall colors in your yard. We get very little here.

Kathleen Grace said...

Oooh, you make the prettiest things! I love them all. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I'm really glad to find your pretty blog!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such pretty pillows and bag and needle holder! Your work is just lovely! I know how you feel with all of this heat! Stay cool! blessings,Kathleen

Anonymous said...

You are so very talented Cindy! I just love the pillows your making! The patterns are beautiful.
So you've had some rain, I do hope it helped out a little bit.
Keep cool, Lots of hugs Rosemary.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love the bags! Especially the one with the sheep.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

You've been quite busy, Cindy. Everything is very pretty and I especially love that sweet embroidered set. You've chosen the perfect flower fabric to go with the embroidery.
Hugs,
Julia