Sunday, October 7, 2012

Witch's Hat Swap

I participated in another fun swap hosted by Vivian of vivs-whimsy.blogspot.com. We were supposed to make or decorate a witch's hat and fill it with goodies. I love crafting for Halloween so I had no problem coming up with ideas and items. My partner, Lisa  has received her package, so I can show what I sent her.


I started with a paper mache hat from HL, then painted and glittered it. I gathered some crepe paper and hot glued it and various artificial pumpkins, berries and ribbon to the brim. You can't see it, but I added an orange spider to the side.


I included several handmade pieces. I have been making cross stitch ornaments lately. I thought Liza might like this little pumpkin.


  A little bottle cap pin cushion with Halloween pins:


 It's sitting on a box I covered in Graphic 45 paper and filled with German scrap, felt leaves, and other embellishments.


I also added a boo banner, several types of ribbons wound on a vintage spool, and an owl stamp.




I can't wait to get my box of goodies from Lisa. I can tell from her blog that she's a very talented crafter.

12 comments:

momto8blog said...

wow..what a package that would be!! oh my gosh. I could never participate in a swap where i had to make something....good for you for sharing your talents!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the hat!! and all those cute goodies!!! Lisa is lucky for sure!!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, everything is just so sweet, Cindy! I love everything, the banner, the cross stitch, the bottle cap pin cushions with the Halloween pins! Magical. Lucky Lisa! xx

Musings from Kim K. said...

Everything is just perfect. Lisa is going to love your package. I received my Witch hat over the weekend. It's been fun to see everyone's crafting variations of the witch hat. Leave it to Viv to come up with such a fun theme!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Your pretty talented yourself Cindy. I love everything you've included. The needlepoint pumpkin is really a cute idea to add. I want a peek at your package when it arrives.
Hugs Rosemary...xoxo

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Lisa is a very very lucky girl! Your box of halloween goodies are so fabulous!

Shannon@A Cozy Place Called Home said...

What nice goodies you put together. I love the needlepoint pumpkin that you stitched. The hat is really really cute. The package must have been fun to give and to receive. Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment you left.-------- Shannon

Diane Mars said...

Very very Fun, I bet you too wiil get a lot of goodies in the mail cannot wait to see.
Have a great week~ Diane

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You did an amazing job on the hat. Love it! What a fun swap this is!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a wonderful idea for a swap! You did such a creative and wonderful job. She is going to love it!

Susan said...

I love looking at everyone's Halloween decorations. These are as cute as they can be!
I don't decorate for Halloween, just for fall. I don't have any children at home anymore and we have very few children in the neighborhood.

Solstitches said...

Oh my what a lovely swap package you put together for your partner.
The hat is fabulous and I really, really love the Halloween bunting. The little x stitch pumpkin ornament is so cute too.
Happy Halloween!
Margaret