Friday, May 25, 2012

Anniversary Get Away

Last week my husband and I went away for a few days to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary. We went to southern Indiana and stayed at the Clifty Falls State Park Inn. We had a great time hiking, shopping and eating some good food.

We saw lots of turkeys on the park roads.
One of several falls in the park.
View of Ohio River from our room.
We took a very, very  long hike. Thought we were going to die!
 Part of the reason we chose this destination was because of an herb farm that is nearby. I had read about and wanted to check it out. And I just have to say OMG! It was amazing! It was in the middle of nowhere, along the banks of a creek, with a beautiful brick farm house and out buildings.


The display gardens were beautiful and full of inspiring ideas to take home.



And it was neat and weeded. We have been to many herb farms and gardens that advertise "display gardens", only to find weedy, messy beds and hoses to trip over. I've gotten to where I don't expect much, but this place really lived up to their web site descriptions.  There was a tea room, several shops and farm animals to pet. I can't wait to go back. I bought a couple of garden ornaments, but need to take some pictures. I'll be back soon.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!


7 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

That garden looks perfect. So glad you had a good time. I am dying to get away for just a night with my hubby. We are hoping to squeeze it in in June.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Seems everytime I go to Madison, the Herb farm is not open. Glad you had a great trip!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful getaway! We love getting out in nature whenever we can! Can't wait to see what you found! Enjoy your weekend!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a nice anniversary getaway! Congratulations! I just found your blog...very sweet. I am now a follower. xx

vivian said...

Hi cindy, sounds like you had a nice time. Happy Anniversary! we are at 31 years too! unless its 32 now.. hmmmm.. I have to figure that out.. uhh.. married in april 81..
anyways.. would love to visit that herb garden. when I was looking for plants for my fairy garden I considered buying herbs!
have a great week!
xoxo

Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy Anniversary. What a fabulous herb garden. Beautiful pictures. Sounds like the perfect getaway adventure.

Kerin said...

Happy anniversary!!
Wonderful to be married and going strong for 31 years :)

Lovely herb farm, and great buildings!!
How nice it is to find a great source of inspiration!

Smiles :)
kerin