Sunday, May 13, 2012

Some Things I'm Working On...

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! We had a relaxing time with the kids (minus Justin, we'll see him tomorrow). A cookout, strolling around the yard and playing with Tad.



Besides gardening I have been trying to finish up a few projects on my very long list of things to make. Well, this quilt is not finished but it is sewn and waiting to be quilted.


It is from the Moda Bake Shop site. As soon as I saw it I wanted to make it. So fresh and bright, and I love the prairie point border.


It's hard to believe that for as long as I have been making quilts, I have never made prairie points. How could that be?! I love them.

I just made this little cross stitch into a pillow. It is from a Helen Philipps book. She has so many cute designs. I know I will be stitching up more of them in the future.


Now, here is a peak of some little embroidery pieces I'm working on. Does anyone remember the Alene's TV craft show? Years ago I ordered a couple of iron-on transfer books from them.  I always knew I would stitch up these alphabet flowers some day. I just didn't know what to do with them. And I still don't! But I'm working them up anyway and hoping something will come to me. Any ideas?


The gardens are right on the edge of exploding into bloom. I just spent a couple of days weeding and getting the beds ready for the show. I'll leave you with a few views around the yard.


Almost ready!
A volunteer foxglove in the raspberries.
An oriental poppy.
Japanese iris with  metal hummingbird art. 



Just for fun!





















      

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Everything looks great, Cindy! Love that shot of Tad. We can't wait to see him again!

Helen Philipps said...

Your pillow made up from my little cross stitch sampler looks so pretty, Cindy! You did such a lovely job on the stitching, and I love your pinwheel patchwork too, adorable! The transfer alphabet embroidery has such a pretty look....if they were mine I would mke them into pincushions, adding little buttons and tags...and how perfect to give to someone with the correct initial that you've stitched! Love your garden pics too, and am glad you hd a lovely time with your family for mother's day.
Have a great week!
Helen x

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a pretty quilt and the embroidered alphabets are so lovely. You could make a welcome sign to frame at your door entrance, or they would be cute as coasters..........great for someone's last name as a gift. I am sure you will come up with something wonderful!