Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Treats

Every Christmas I like to make something special to give to the mailman, coworkers, and people who stop by. Quite often I make fudge, and sometimes homemade bread or jams. This year I wanted to do something different, and I remembered this cashew brittle that my husband and I got when we were visiting the Amish country in northern Indiana. It was so good, so I got a recipe from southernfood.about.com. It was very easy, though it took awhile to bring the candy to the correct temperature. When it had cooled,, I packaged it up in cello bags and tied it off with baker's twine. I made a tag with a Papertrey Ink stamp, added some ribbon and a bell. It looks very festive sitting in a basket by the door waiting to be handed out to friends. Now if we can just stay out of it....

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Looks yummy, Cindy. I'll have to make some.

Sandy said...

Mmmm Mmmm good..what a great idea! I woke up with a start this morning thinking..OMG I bet Cindy thinks I'm so bossy telling her I want to see big pictures. I get so excited when I know something new that I want to share it and......half the time it comes out like I'm a Miss Know it All. Been called that before. lol So please except my apology if I came across that way it certainly wasn't my intention!! Have a wonderful day friend. xoso Sandy