Monday, August 11, 2014

Last Day of Freedom

My summer vacation is coming to an end. Tomorrow is a training meeting and school starts on Wednesday.  Summer seemed to go by too quickly, and I'm really not ready to give it up. But since we are expecting highs in the 90's next week, I guess I don't have to:)




This little guy is about 3/4 of an inch long.

We have had such a great garden year, with rain when needed and not too hot. The flower beds are overflowing and keep me busy weeding and cutting back. Along with all the butterflies and hummingbirds we keep finding the tiniest toads and frogs amongst the leaves. They are so cute! This is a little tree frog that probably hatched out in our pond. We've had various tadpoles in there all summer. I love it!


I've been trying to get some craft projects finished up before going back to work. The star quilt is finally done! Yeah! It took me 10 months, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure where it will go. I'm thinking the upstairs antique bed with the ruffled muslin skirt and shams. For some reason I didn't get a good picture this evening so I'll take one when I have the bed all made up.

Our twin grandchildren are due this weekend!!! We can hardly wait! Of course Andrew and Alison can't wait either. Alison is doing so well and hanging on till the end with no ordered bed rest. I can't imagine carrying twins.

We gave them our baby gifts last week. I knitted two little sweater and hat sets for this fall or winter. They were so quick and fun to make. We also gave them some newborn outfits just because they are so darn cute! With matching booties and mitts. And of course the most important, a check, which always comes in handy for a young family.





I wish I had taken a picture of the baby card I made. It was so cute too! I used a Papertrey Ink stamp of a onsie and cut out two of them. On the inside it said "Good things come in multiples." Aren't baby things so fun?

Well, I had better get to bed. Have to get up at 6:00 and I am not a morning person. (I have been sleeping till 9 all summer.) Have a great week everyone and I'll be back to share the baby pictures!

6 comments:

vivian said...

how exciting to have twins! I just dont think I could contain myself! I love the sweater sets you made.. they are soooo sweet. Do you know what the the babies will be? and are they identical? Cant wait to see pics! dont keep us waiting too long. lol!
have a great week!
xoxo
vivian

Angela said...

Your garden is beautiful! What pattern did you use for the sweaters- I could use easy and would love to make a set for our grandbaby due in March! Good luck with work! Can't wait to see your star quilt completed! Angela

Lady Linda said...

Twins! Oh my oh my...you are blessed. I bet you cannot wait. Your quilt is beautiful and I love all your flower pix. I have lots of flower pix on my blog post too this week...from ALaska.
Enjoy your weekend.

Helen Philipps said...

Your garden pictures are gorgeous, Cindy! So many lovely flowers. And I love the sweet outfits you have made for the twins....how exciting that they will soon be here. I look forward to seeing your star quilt, well done on getting it finished :)
Happy weekend.
Helen xox

Solstitches said...

How exciting to have twins in the family. The little outfits are adorable.
Your garden is a picture as always.
I'm several posts behind here and trying to catch up.
Margaret

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Beautiful gardens! We don't have pretty toads like you do where I live! Love the knitted baby sweaters and hats........you do wonderful work. Do you sell your knitting? Twins??? How blessed you are! Congratulations! Have a good start of the work week ahead!