Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pretty Little Hexagons




 I just finished this little quilt made with 3/4 inch hexagons. It made the perfect summer stitching. I packed up a little box with paper hexagons, fabric, and thread so I could just pick it up and go. I love to do English Paper Piecing!

We just got back from wonderful day of canoeing on the Wildcat Creek. It was grandson Tad's first time and he had so much fun. It reminded me of all the times we took our little guys out on the creek. I will post some pictures if I can ever find the cord for my little camera:)

10 comments:

Nellie said...

What a lovely quilt!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

They really are pretty! I love the sweet fabrics! Just darling. xoxo

Solstitches said...

This little quilt is just so very pretty. I love all the quilting you did on it.
Margaret

Lady Linda said...

My friend and I are just getting into hexies. This is adorable. Did you hand quilt it too?
Thanks for sharing and encouraging me.
Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I haven't been canoeing in years! Your quilt is so pretty and I just love the soft colors.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a sweet and lovely little quilt! I am familiar with paper piecing, but I have not heard of English pape piecing..........is there a difference?

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I have never been canoeing! Love that pretty quilt!

Helen Philipps said...

Beautiful little hexie quilt, Cindy! I love the sweet colours and the quilting. I love English paper piecing too, and it really is perfect to do on hot summer days!
Have fun!
Helen x

debra @ HOMESPUN said...

It's lovely ! :)

sweetpea family said...

What an adorable quilt x