Thursday, October 27, 2011

Free Memories

Like a lot of public libraries, ours has a shelf in the entry for free magazines, to give and take. We make use of it frequently. But this week I found a box of sewing patterns just waiting for me to go through. Boy did they take me back! They were all from the 70's, a time when I made almost all of my work clothes for the job I had while going to college. The funny thing is, I would like these dresses now!

That is, if I felt like sewing garments. I got pretty tired of it. I also had a sewing and alterations business for about 10 years. The only sewing I do now is quilts and crafts. I don't know though, these are kind of cute....

5 comments:

Kerin said...

Those are cute patterns!
Maybe you could just take on a simple pattern and make just one thing. It would be a good project for a Winter day :)
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I like the dresses also. I knew you were multi talented Cindy. I'd love to be able to sew, I stitch very little.
I will check out that book sounds very intriguing, Thankyou.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs Rosemary...xx
P.S. One day soon baby Tad will be out trick or treating.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun to find these patterns! My library is a great source of free stuff! But when I sewed for ME...nothing ever looked right on me! lol ♥

Nellie said...

That was a lucky find, Cindy. I once sewed much and often!:-) In fact, I sewed much of what our three daughters wore for several years. Just as Lavender Dreamer has said, though, nothing ever seemed to look right on me when I sewed for myself. These days, I simply lack the motivation, maybe due to the price I notice on patterns. I am a big bargain hunter, and home-sewn garments are not always a bargain anymore.
Have a wonderful week-end!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm on my way to the library this morning! See you later! ♥♥♥