Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring!

I can't believe that the first weekend of spring was so...springy! I got so much done, not all in the garden, but stuff that needed doing and a little gardening.  Saturday and Sunday mornings were chilly, so I did some housework, paid bills, and did laundry. And since Eric was home for spring break, I did a little baking - yummy banana bread.


It was so nice to be able to  put the sheets on the line.  I feel good about saving a little electricity, and I just enjoy the process. Being outdoors, hearing the birds singing, folding up fresh smelling laundry. It doesn't get any better!
 

Even the chickens seemed to be in a good mood about the weather. And boy, are they laying! It's a good thing we have some regular egg customers.


We even went out to Lowe's to see what they had in the garden center.. Not much yet, but I bought a sweet almond bush, and  a flat of violas. I like the smaller violas, rather than the larger pansies. We were picking out some trees, then realized we had the wrong vehicle. Can't put much in a Ford Focus!


This plant stand is on the screened back porch. I'll be showing more of it and the gardens soon.

Did everyone get a chance to see the "super moon"?  Pretty cool, wasn't it?

Have a good week and thank you for visiting.

6 comments:

Kerin said...

Everything looks so wonderful at your place !
Yummy home made banana bread and line dried sheets, and flowers. What could be better ??!!
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday :)

Sandy said...

I want some of your banana bread...looks so yummy with the butter melting...Mmmmmm
Aren't violas so sweet...their little faces...I love them. Sounds like you had a great weekend.
I made a spring Easter tree.... not quite finished and I spent most of the weekend making it. So fun. Tomorrow I'll make the eggs to hang on it. Didn't know if I wanted eggs but once I got it in it's place, it needs MORE.
Take care...xoso Sandy O

Shine said...

Such a sweet post! I'm your newest follower and I do believe you're going to do just fine here in blogland:) Many blessings~~Shine

The Summer Porch said...

Everything looks amazing, very inviting pictures. I can't wait to see your herb garden, I know I'm a bit of a herbal geek! :))) I love lemon balm as well it's too late for me too pot it for it's everywhere. I think I'll make some banana bread tomorrow haven't made any in a bit.
We did check out the moon Saturday very dreamy.
Rosemary...XX

Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Cindy, thank you for stopping by to say hello and am so glad you found me, because I just enjoyed stopping by here for a visit. I love the way sheets smell after they hang on the line. Yes, my chickens are laying a lot as well. So glad you have pretty weather! blessings,Kathleen

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I can almost smell that banana bread! Unfortunately, we had too much cloud cover to see the super moon. Have a nice day! Twyla