Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Colors of My Garden

Have you ever noticed that the colors of a garden change as the seasons progress? I have and it is very apparent in our gardens.
 






Spring is lavenders, blues, whites, and pinks, with a touch of soft yellows. Some tulips are red and orange, but I try to stay away from them. (Sometimes a bag of bulbs isn't what the label says:) Maybe these colors are in tune with the gentle spring light and soft greens of the new tree leaves. My favorite season!




 Then as the sun gets brighter and warmer with the lengthening days, the flower colors get brighter too. Strong yellows, reds, oranges and purples. Still some blues and whites to tone things down a bit.  The flowers jump out at you as you walk down the path. Maybe this is my favorite season.

As summer winds down we see a big change in the garden's colors. Warm, rich browns, dark reds, and golds. Is this your favorite season? Might be mine!

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. We have been spending time in the garden, of course, swimming and going on hikes with our grandson, and enjoying a visit from our oldest. This weekend we are celebrating Tad's 5th birthday. Time sure flies, and more so during the summer. Slow down!!!


5 comments:

vivian said...

I think the spring flowers are my favorites.. but I love them all. I wish I was a gardener.. but it is not something I love to do. I enjoy planting the window boxes and pots that I have around and I buy 4 to 6 big hanging baskets every year.. but watering everything becomes a chore! lol! I of course I do it anyways.
I keep telling hubby that I'd like to try some raised beds to grow some veggies in.. but hes not buying into my idea! lol!
have a lovely sunday my friend!
xoxo
vivian

Helen Philipps said...

Your garden is just beautiful Cindy. I love all the seasons....though the early summer is especially lovely with all the roses. Love your pretty garden structures as well as all your gorgeous plantings. Enjoy your summer too.
Helen xox

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Cindy, I just love taking a walk through your pretty gardens! I'm sure it looks wonderful in all seasons and how could you choose? All the purples and blues in spring are so lovely, but so are the bright yellows in summer. I am just so happy to be outside and enjoying the fresh air and I can see you are, too. I can't believe your grandson is five already.....such a little man now. Soon for school, too - an exciting time. Enjoy all these wonderful moments. Hugs xo Karen

Carol said...

You have such a lovely garden, Cindy! I know just what you mean about the colors changing with the seasons. I especially love the light in autumn and the way it plays with shadows--that is my favorite time of year :)

Hope you and your family enjoy a lovely and relaxing 4th of July weekend!

susan said...

Your garden is beautiful. I imagine you get so much pleasure from all the gorgeous colors.
I would have to say that every season is my favorite. It seems that there is something to be said for each of them, but right now I'm enjoying the sunshine, long days and colorful pots of flowers surrounding my tiny patio,