Sunday, March 15, 2015

Knitting Redo



I found this really cute sweater on Pinterest and thought it would be easy enough for me to tackle. I'm still not very confidant in my knitting skills and as it turned out, rightly so. The pattern took 4 rows and wasn't too hard once I got the hang of it. I started in with this pretty yarn called Mushroom Wool-Ease by Lion Brand. I got up to the color change and continued with the blue. Then came binding off for the armholes. Well, guess what? I could not figure out what stitch to do once the decreasing started. I messed with it for a few days and then put it away for another few. What to do?
And then I said, "s**** it!" And I took it all out and started over!

I'm using the super easy moss stitch which works out very similar to the other one. (Not sure what it was called. It had a "knit 1 below"  in it.) And I know that I can continue it when the decreasing starts. Yeah! I'm really enjoying the knitting and I'm already planning the next sweater. Of course I won't be wearing this one until next fall - it will take me awhile to finish. And I've got quilting and gardening coming up. Now if I could just quit my job.....


4 comments:

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I love to knit and have been for over 30 years. Your doing good, and I love your color selection, both go very well together. I also like Lion Brands Wool Ease, very nice yarn to work with. Keep going you can do it!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Ha ha - don't you just hate it when you can't figure out the instructions? I love the sweater and the colors are just wonderful! (Also the stitch is beautiful). I have a half finished crocheted sweater that I tried to figure out every which way and finally decided that the pattern must be wrong. So I have put it aside for a time when I can reconfigure it. Isn't it nice that spring is finally here, but with it comes lots of work! I can't wait to see your beautiful gardens once again. Wishing you a lovely week, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

Helen Philipps said...

Your moss stitch sweater is looking lovely, Cindy. I love the texture of that stitch. I'm glad you sorted out a way to still knit the pattern....keeping it simple is often a good plan I find too :)
Happy weekend.
Helen xox

Lady Linda said...

I can only knit scarves, but it's always so fun. I am always in awe of those who can knit, esp sweaters!