Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend















Sunshine, warm breezes, spring flowers, and a sweet two year old grandson hunting for eggs. What could be better? It was the kind of weekend that I have been dreaming about all this long, cold winter. We worked (I should say "played") in the garden, raking up the debris, cleaning out the greenhouse, and planning new garden beds. (More about this later.)

We dyed our chicken's eggs with plant stuff and spices. I made a little Easter basket for Tad inspired by one here: http://prettybyhand.com/ and peat pot favors seen here: http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/.  I made sugar cookies, a baked ham, and biscuits. Andrew and Alison brought a broccoli salad and twice-baked potatoes. Yummy! We spent the evening outside, hunting Easter eggs, wandering the gardens, and playing kickball with Tad. Like I said, perfect!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

6 comments:

vivian said...

It does sound perfect! and the pictures are great! your little grandson is adorable. and, I LOVE that basket!
Have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

All lovely photos but the ones of your grand with his basket are just priceless! Adorable! :)

Nellie said...

This was definitely a perfect Easter for you! I am so happy to be able to read your post! Happy Spring! xo Nellie

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful, Cindy - the perfect day. Sweet photos you have shared with us, especially that precious little grandson! I love your basket and favors <3. So glad you are having spring weather and finally getting to play in the dirt. Hugs xo Karen

Patti said...

Your photos are just beautiful! Everything just shouts Spring. Your grandson is adorable. These are happy times, for sure.

Stacy said...

What a wonderful celebration you had - I would love one of those cookies, please! We had a great time here in the South as well - thanks for the well wishes. <3