Thursday, March 6, 2014

Organizing Crafts

Sorry I've been such a bad blogger. I have no good excuse:) But I'm back, and hopefully with spring coming, I'll be more inspired to post.

I have been very busy though. I needed to be to get through this long, cold winter. I'm still working on my star quilt and will show photos soon. I've been scrapbooking, card making, knitting, and painting some furniture pieces. I've also been organizing my craft room and coming up with new ways to store my ever growing stash of goodies.


One thing that takes up so much space are these punches. I still use them, especially the MS and SU ones. I looked online and got this idea to use curtain rods on the back of a closet. They fit very well here and aren't taking up valuable drawer or shelf space.


Another thing I did this winter was gather up all my small crafting embellishments together and organize them in a vintage type drawer. I had these things stored all over in boxes, baskets, and baggies. And I just wasn't using them because they were out of sight.








 As you can see, I've got just about everything in here - game pieces, watch parts, tiny shells... on and on! I love to collect these little things and now I can see them, enjoy them, and maybe even use them in my crafting.

Something else that I collect is buttons. I have a ton already, so at this point I'm picky about how much I'm willing to spend on them. Rick and I went to an antique mall and I found a bag of buttons that I had to buy. $6.00 for this big bag of pretty vintage buttons!







Aren't they pretty? I love the old button cards with sweet graphics. I haven't had a chance to sort through them, but I'm sure I got a good deal.

So I just heard the weather report for tomorrow and we're actually going to see 50 degrees. A heat wave!

8 comments:

vivian said...

Good ideas! I love the printers box of goodies... I would have lots of fun playing there.

Nellie said...

You have been busy, Cindy. The weather report sounds encouraging! Spring is going to come, you know.

Helen Philipps said...

Such great storage ideas, Cindy! And what a lot of lovely buttons you have in your stash! I love those vintage button cards too, and am always looking out for them. Glad to hear the long cold winter is nearly over.
Happy weekend!
Helen xx

pam said...

Good storage ideas and love the pretty buttons

Lady Linda said...

Great to see storage ideas! Us crafters need lots of ideas and it's fun to see what others do. I love your buttons...good price for such a nice variety.
Happy crafting.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love these storage ideas, Cindy! You have gathered a lot of fun crafting supplies and you are right, if you can't see them, you won't use them. You have a nice button collection, too - the vintage cards are so sweet. That is good news about your 'spring' weather. I hope you have a beautiful spring to make up for your terrible winter. We are having lots of rain, but it is mild. Enjoy the weekend! xo Karen

Stacy said...

Great ideas - I need to do a little organizing myself. It will have to wait until summer, though, when school is out and I have time. Spring is almost here - yay!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a great deal you got on that bag of buttons! I need to get busy and organize all my crafty things again. It's so easy for everything to get all messed up when one is working on a project.