Thursday, January 19, 2012

Instead of Doing Housework...

As you can tell from my last post, I have been having a lot of fun making small sewing and quilted projects lately. When I am working on a large quilt I feel like I have to finish it before starting something else. And there are so many cute things I want to make!

Here are a few of the projects I've done lately:


The pattern for this pincushion and needlebook set is from Country Threads. I love anything with herbs, so I had to make it. But I had trouble coming up with enough fabric from my stash. I don't have much lavender and purple, so I had to change up the pattern a bit.



This cute little needlecase is from a tutorial on this blog.


I used a different design for the front (can't remember where I got it, sorry), but I loved what Amy did for the back.


And for the inside:


If you like cute little quilting morsels, you should check out her blog. Lots of inspiration.

Well now I need to get some housework done. Oh, and guess what? I got a job working part time at the library branch near our house. So convenient, and I've always wanted to be a libraian. Being around all those books! I can't wait to start.

12 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

too cute! Have fun at the library.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You know I LOVE these little lavender pretties! And the needlecase is beautiful! It will be such fun to be at the library, too. I've always thought I would enjoy that job! Hugs! ♥

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your blue bird needle case is just darling. All your projects are just sweet.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What wonderful and lovely stitching you have done! blessings,Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Beaautiful work Cindy, I love the pin cushions. Congrats with you new job!
Hugs Rosemary...xx

Terri said...

Why do house work when to have a golden touch with a needle and thread. These are so beautiful! Congrats on your new job. Hugs, Terri

Sharon said...

I found your blog by way of Kathleen's blog. I love the little sewing kite with the bird on it. May I ask, where in the world did you find the straight pins with hearts.
I make pin cushions from old teacups and would love to have some of them.

Nellie said...

Really pretty projects, Cindy! Also, congratulations on the part-time job at the library. I have a history of working in libraries - even was a staff member of my college library a year after I graduated. Have a passion for books!:-) My best to you!

Kathleen Grace said...

Housework? What an interesting concept. Lol. I love your projects, and the results last a lot longer than the results of cleaning don't they? I love Amys blog too, your needle book is exquisite!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love all your projects. That needlecase is so cute!

Kerin said...

Beautiful projects!

Congrats on the part time job too! You'll be the lucky person to preview all the great new books :)

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Now... I've got to go and get my housework done.

Diane Mars said...

Wow Cindy you have been a very busy girl! Very pretty work. I know when I spotted the yo yo quilt I was so amazed with the quality and the fun vintage fabrics used. ox