Thursday, September 21, 2017

Happy Fall!

This summer has gone by way too fast. It's my favorite season and I want it to last forever. I've never been a fan of the hot, dry days of September, when the pool is closed and the kids are back in school.  But then the weather gets cooler and the leaves start to change, and I'm loving autumn! Fall is my favorite season to decorate for, maybe even more than Christmas. So I've been having fun arranging the pumpkins we grew, adding faux leaves and flowers here and there, and trying not to buy too many cute things I see at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  LOL! How are you guys doing in that department?







The pictures above are all from our kitchen/family room. I decorate it the most because this is where we spend most of our time! This past winter my husband put on new counter tops and added glass fronts to some of the upper cabinets. I wanted an apron sink, but we decided the cost wasn't worth it. (Well, my husband decided!) But the changes we made add to the farmhouse look, especially since this is an old farmhouse! !00 years old, as a matter of fact!



Besides painting a few pieces of furniture, the only change to the living room this year is that we brought down the glass fronted cabinet that had been in our guest room. I like the way it looks in front of the window. Inside is part of my collection of antique toys and games.


I hope you enjoyed my little home tour. Pretty soon it will be time to put out Halloween stuff - love that too! Until then, happy fall!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a lovely job you've done with your fall decorating, Cindy! I'm way behind on everything this year--only put out a big of my fall stitching. But, I hope to get caught up soon :) I love the fact that your home is 100 years old--if only those walls could talk! I'll bet it has a lot of stories :)

Happy First Day of Fall! (Although, here, it feels more like summer with temps in the high 80s!)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Cindy, I loved your autumn house tour - everything looks so cute. I love all the little quilted things you have stitched among the decorations, too. Your husband did a wonderful job on the counters and cupboards. You have some beautiful pieces. I love the little white cupboard :) Happy Fall - my favorite season! Hugs xo Karen